“The pump price of petrol 93 Octane will decrease slightly whilst that of petrol 95 Octane will increase by less than 5 cents per litre. The whole sale price of both grades of diesel, the Maximum Retail Price of Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) and the prices of Illuminating Paraffin will increase with effect from 07 October 2015,” said the department in a statement.
“The main reasons for this fuel price adjustment is the weakening of the Rand against the US Dollar which had a negative impact on the fuel prices of about 30 cents per litre and slight increase in the price of crude oil, (on average), in September compared to August,” explained the department.
The price adjustments
The fuel price adjustments are as follow:
- Petrol 93 Octane is decreasing by two cents per litre.
- Petrol 95 Octane is increasing by four cents per litre.
- Diesel 0.05% Sulphur will increase by 53 cents per litre.
- Diesel 0.005% Sulphur will increase by 51 cents per litre.
- Illuminating paraffin (SMNRP) is increasing by 67 cents per litre.
- Illuminating paraffin (wholesale) is increasing by 50 cents per litre.
- LPG will increase by 11 cents per kilogram.
The new fuel prices as of Wednesday will be:
|7 October 2015||R12.30||R12.61||R12.30||R12.04||R12.18||R12.18|
|2 September 2015||R12.32||R12.57||R12.32||R12.06||R12.14||R12.14|
|7 October 2015||R10.94||R11.00||R10.61||R10.68|
|2 September 2015||R10.40||R10.49||R10.08||R10.19|