Following the announcement that the fuel levy is increasing from April, consumers can enjoy a slight reprieve in the fuel price in March as the Department of Energy announced that fuel prices will decrease.
The fuel price decreases are as follows:
- Petrol (both 93 & 95 - ULP and LRP): 8 cents per litre (c/l) decrease.
- Diesel (0.05% and 0.005% Sulphur): 2 c/l decrease.
- Wholesale price of illuminating paraffin: 8 c/l decrease.
- SMNRP of illuminating paraffin: 10c/l decrease.
- Maximum retail price of LPGas: 2 cents per kilogram decrease.
There were a number of reasons for the decrease in the fuel price. The Department explained: “The Rand strengthened against the US Dollar from R13.60 to R13.30, on average, during the period under review when compared to the previous one. This contributed by about 13 cents per litre to the fuel price changes for March 2017.”
The Department of Energy noted that there was an increase in the prices of crude oil during the period under review, as well as the average increase in the international prices of all petroleum products.
The fuel prices:
Handy tip: You can apply for roadside assistance on Justmoney.