Going to restaurants with children can be seriously stressful. The little darlings are guaranteed to get bored or out of control, and you don’t get to take a bite from your food. All of this can be solved by ensuring that your child is entertained. Justmoney put together a round-up of Cape-Town restaurants that cater for you while keeping your child happy.
- Café Paradiso:A dining gem in the heart of Cape Town. This popular café with its fun décor makes provision for your little ones with activities, at a minimal extra fee, to keep them busy. These activities include cupcake decorating and pizza-making among others. Added to that they have delicious food that will appease your palate yet is simple enough to compete with the beloved fish finger and fries-combo’s when it comes to your child.
- Clay café:Indulge your inner-potter as you get your fingers stuck in ceramic art. You and your child can choose from an array of ceramics to paint and decorate, all while enjoying divine café cuisine. There is also an extensive playground area complete with an elaborate climbing frame, sand pits and trampolines. This, all within your view while you sip on something warm and sample their tasty cake offerings.
- Company gardens restaurant:Apart from the beautiful surrounds that boast with squirrel-feeding opportunities, this is one of the most beautiful garden restaurants in the Cape. From it’s beautiful architecture to its rich history this latest Madame Zingara offering has something for the entire family. While Mom and Dad sample the menu and extensive wine list, your child can enjoy the jungle gym, wooden animal toys and outdoor chess set. The weavers nest chairs are also a favourite with little people.
- Franky’s Diner:Channel the 50’s and its charming American diners at Franky’s. This family-friendly Sea Point spot boasts a play area, a vast kids menu, and the best milkshakes along the Atlantic Seaboard. Added to that, children eat for free on Mondays to Thursdays from 12:00 – 20:00, with every adult main meal ordered. Note: This applies to children age 12 and under.
- Primi Piatti:Apart from their great food selection, PRIMI has considered your children with their PRIMI pods section. Here they have childminders that oversee pizza- and biscuit-making activities. Gluten-free bases are also an option. It is the perfect place to satisfy both you and your child’s appetites.
Eating out doesn’t have to mean pink milkshakes and noisy family restaurants that you may not enjoy. Why not give the above a try? Who knows, it may become your new favourite spot!