Fuel price to fall - by less than hoped

By Staff Writer

Fuel price to fall - by less than hoped 

By Siseko Njobeni, Energy Affairs Editor
From Business Day

Bad news for motorists: petrol prices could fall less than the widely expected R1 a litre if the minerals and energy department decides to channel some of the money towards what is known as the slate account.

Justmoney.co.za says:

If the government is going to hedge against fuel prices, why don't you hedge against inflation with a super savings account? Pay off your credit card with a lower rate balance transfer, and keep the extra money for a fill up.

Recent Articles

Featured What are the benefits of living in a “Zoom Town”?

With many careers moving online, work-from-home employees have realised they can live in smaller suburbs or towns at a lower cost and enjoy the benefits of a slower lifestyle, while keeping their jobs.

You can’t cash cheques anymore in South Africa – we find out why

In November 2020, the South African Reserve Bank (SARB) announced that cheques would be discontinued from 1 January 2021. But what guided this decision? We have a look at what the pitfalls have been of using cheques, and the consequences of removing them from the payment system.

The perks of investing in student accommodation

With the constant influx of new students entering tertiary institutions, there’s usually a steady demand for student accommodation. As an investor who’s interested in the property market, should you consider student accommodation?

Are you financially secure enough to buy your first home?

When you buy your first home, you need to make sure you’re in a secure financial position so that you can stay afloat in spite of your increased financial responsibility. But are you aware of all the costs you’ll have to carry?

Deals

Rouge Day Spa Tuesday Special

Price: Available on request
When: Tuesdays
Where: Cape Town

Monte Vista Two Nights Special

Price: Available on request
When: Until 31 December 2021
Where: Montagu

Century City Hotel 4 Nights Special

Price: From R1100
When: Until 31 January 2021
Where: Cape Town

Latest Guide

Guide to debt rehabilitation solutions