It is, after all, National Savings month and it gives us all kinds of fuzzy feelings to see that you guys have all these great savings tips up your sleeves - we just hope that you are using them!
We've had some great tips from you guys - here are some examples:
- Cancel your DSTV (which is more than R600) and your gym subscription (which can be anything from R200 - R400) and set up a debit order for this money to go into a savings account - you are used to not having this money so you won't even notice it. You can go running with a friend instead of gymming and renting movies is a much cheaper option. -
- Set aside a budget for food and do your grocery shopping on a monthly basis - and buy veggies fresh once a week. Buy pre cut veggies too - this will make sure that you are not tempted into buying any unnecessary items. Don't go grocery shopping on an empty belly - you will buy extra!
- Once a year, get a new medical aid quote and a new insurance quote from a few different insurers (use sites like Justmoney.co.za to get a couple of quotes from different providers) - see if anybody can offer you a better deal.
- Do not go shopping on an empty belly - you will buy more food this way.
- Fill an empty, cleaned out margerine tub half with water and put it in the freezer. Once frozen, put your credit card inside and fill it with water again. Then freeze it. Your credit card is now safely immune to impulse buys. NB: Do not defrost in a microwave.
Remember that we are looking for innovative tips meaning that we need you to come up with an original idea - do not just copyt the tips that we have already used.
Keep on sending them in by visiting the Justmoney.co.za competition page and don't forget to tell your friends!