Netcare warns against fake job postings
Peter Warrener, group human resources director at Netcare, noted: “Certain Facebook posts falsely indicate that the company is seeking to employ enrolled nurses. Similarly, learnerships and internship vacancies within Netcare are also being advertised. We continue to receive enquiries from members of the public seeking clarity on employment or training opportunities that are advertised fraudulently through various social media platforms under Netcare’s name.”
According to Warrener, the people posting these advertisements are trying to solicit money from the unsuspecting applicants. The advertisements offer employment at a Netcare facility, or training to enable a person to work at Netcare. In order to do this, the scammers request that the applicants send in money.
Netcare has urged people not to make any payment to secure a job interview or learnership with these scammers, stressing that this is not the way that Netcare handles job applications.
If you have seen an advertisement, but are uncertain as to its authenticity, Warrener advised that people contact the Netcare Human Resources Shared Services Centre on 086 022 5547, to ensure the legitimacy of the job posting.
Identifying the scam
Netcare has identified several “red flags” that will assist the public in identifying if a job advertisement is a scam:
· The application form asks for banking details;
· Only a cellular telephone number is supplied for enquiries as the landline is “out of order”;
· A dream job without the need of being interviewed is being promised;
· A legitimate sounding name (Net-care) is being used;
· Payment may well be requested “upfront” for administration purposes, accommodation and uniforms;
· The payment mechanism is suggested as being facilitated via a cellular telephone number at a money market facility, such as a supermarket.
“We urge the public to be vigilant of such messages, Facebook postings and emails as they do not originate from Netcare. This is not the way we recruit staff or advertise learnerships and internships,” stated Warrener.
Full Body Massage at Meraki Beauty & Wellness Centre
When: Mondays to Thursdays
Archery and Drift Triking with Adventure Freaks
When: Mondays to Sundays
E-Bike Stellenbosch Wine Farm Tour and Wine Tasting
When: Tuesdays to Sundays