“Fly Blue Crane has anticipated and is positioned to deliver on what customers want: the enhanced convenience of frequent flights through high on-time performance‚ commitment to consistent service excellence‚ advanced online technologies that will make the booking and travel process fuss-free‚ and of course highly competitive fares‚” said Mzimela.
Theunis Potgieter, Fly Blue Crane chief operations officer, said: “Fly Blue Crane’s customers can look forward to such a fresh approach to air travel, which blends the best of both worlds without compromising on premium service.”
Fly Blue Crane has made use of the experience of its former SAA staff members. “By using what we have learned over the years about international airline best practice, we have also created a cost structure which allows us to offer competitive fares without cutting any corners on quality, safety, and reliability,” revealed Simelane.
Fly Blue Crane will initially offer flights between Johannesburg, OR Tambo International airport, Bloemfontein, Kimberley and Nelspruit.
There will be five flights a day to Bloemfontein during the week, with two flights on a Saturday, and three flights on a Sunday.
Travellers will enjoy three flights a day to Kimberley during the week, one flight on a Saturday and two flights on a Sunday.
Fly Blue Crane will provide two flights a day during the week, and one flight a day on both Saturday and Sunday.
Fly Blue Crane told Justmoney that the airlines ticket prices will be competitive. The cost of one-way, all-inclusive fares start at:
- R854 between Johannesburg and Bloemfontein
- R849 between Johannesburg and Kimberley
- R797 between Johannesburg and Nelspruit
The company highlighted that other services it will offer customers are:
- Complementary meals on board the aircraft
- Infants under the age of two will fly for free
- Children between the ages of two and 12 will receive a 50% discount of the adult fare
- The airline accepts unaccompanied minors between the ages of five and 12 (the 50% adult fare discount will still apply)
- All passengers qualify for one free baggage at 20kg per passenger
- Passengers may do a name change on Fly Blue Crane for a nominal fee
Bookings for flights will be open on Tuesday 25 August from 19:00.