According to the department, the main reasons for the fuel price decrease is the strengthening of the Rand against the US Dollar, as well as the drop in the prices of petroleum products. Based on this, the new fuel prices are as follows:
- 93 Octane and 95 Octane petrol will both decrease by 22 cents per litre.
- Diesel (0.05% sulphur) will decrease by 9 cents a litre.
- Diesel (0.005% sulphur) will decrease by 10 cents per litre.
- Illuminating paraffin (SMNRP) will decrease by 3 cents a litre, while the wholesale price will decrease by 2 cents a litre.
- Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LGP) will decrease by 47 cents per kilogram.
The new fuel prices as of Wednesday will be:
|4 November 2015*||R12.08||R12.38||R12.08||R11.82||R11.86||R11.86|
|7 October 2015||R12.30||R12.61||R12.30||R12.04||R12.18||R12.18|
|2 September 2015||R12.32||R12.57||R12.32||R12.06||R12.14||R12.14|
|4 November 2015*||R10.85||R10.90||R10.52||R10.58|
|7 October 2015||R10.94||R11.00||R10.61||R10.68|
|2 September 2015||R10.40||R10.49||R10.08||R10.19|
(Prices determined based on October’s fuel prices and the announced decreases)