Fuel prices are set to decrease on Wednesday following an announcement by the Department of Energy on Saturday. Among the reasons for the decrease are the strengthening of the Rand against the US Dollar, as well as the average price decrease of petroleum products in the international market.
The price decreases are as follows:
- Petrol 95 octane ULP and LRP will see a decrease of 68 cents per litre.
- Petrol 93 octane ULP and LRP will decrease by 69 cents per litre.
- Diesel 0.05% sulphur and 0.005% sulphur will both drop by 60 cents per litre.
- Illuminating paraffin (wholesale) will reduce by 57 cents per litre.
- SMNRP for illuminating paraffin will decrease by 76.
- Maximum LPG as retail price will reduce by 92 cents per kilogram.
The approximate new fuel prices are: