Online shopping site Wish.com has become a global phenomenon, with people around the world flocking to the site every day. However, not everyone seems pleased with the service, with some Hello Peter reviews calling the service a ‘fraud’ and cautioning people to use it at their own risk.
Justmoney looks at Wish.com and what you should know before using this service.
|Further reading: Looking for a good deal? Local group buying website Hyperli offers discount prices on a range of items and experiences, click here for more about this website.|
Fees, offerings and delivery times
There are a host of products available for purchase on Wish.com. These range from beauty and make-up items, to hobbies and crafts, as well as a range of fashion items including shoes, clothing, accessories and bags.
Many of the items on offer are often advertised at a reduced rate with some items going at up to 95% off. Depending of the product being purchased, some start at really affordable prices with many items on offer for R13. However, there are items that cost hundreds of Rands.
Delivery times for the products vary depending on what you ordered and where it is being shipped from. Don’t order something if you want it within a week or two. From what Justmoney has heard from users, most items take up to a month or longer for delivery.
For example, Justmoney selected a pair of scissors for purchase on 29 June, valued at R36.97. The estimated date of delivery was 19-20 August. That is almost two months after placing the order. The estimated shipping for this item was $2.07 (about R26.93 on 29 June). That brings the total cost for this item to about R63.90.
- People under the age of 13 are not permitted to use the service.
- Agreeing to use the service means that you have also agreed to receive email communication from Wish.com, however, after signing up, you will have the ability to edit your preferences.
- The content on Wish.com is protected by copy right law and intellectual property rights, including all images and text.
- Some of the content that you post as a user on Wish.com may be accessible by other users.
- There are no fees to browse or access Wish.com, however, if you purchase an item, you are responsible for the payment of the item and any tax or shipping fees that may apply.
When signing up to Wish.com, and following that when making a purchase, the website collects a host of information on you. This includes contact information such as an email address, your name and surname, as well as your delivery address for the goods purchased.
- Providing you with the best user experience possible.
- Providing the services you use, and to respond to your questions.
- Communicating with you regarding service updates, offers, and promotions.
- Delivering customised content that may be of interest to you.
- Addressing network integrity and security issues.
- Investigating, preventing or taking action regarding illegal activities, violations of our Terms of Service or Acceptable Use Policies.