The Department of Energy announced fuel price increases for November on Friday. Among the reasons for the increase is the Rand/US Dollar exchange rate, which strengthened during the period under review. As well as the average increase in the prices of petrol, diesel and illuminating paraffin in the international markets.
The fuel price increases will be as follows:
- Petrol 93 ULP and LRP, and 95 ULP and LRP will increase by 45 cents per litre (c/l).
- Diesel 0.05% sulphur, and 0.005% sulphur will increase by 63c/l.
- Wholesale price of Illuminating Paraffin will increase by 57c/l.
- SMNRP of Illuminating Paraffin will increase by 76c/l.
- Maximum Retail Price of LPGas will increase by 59 cents per kilogram.
The fuel price
The approximate new price of petrol and diesel will be as follows:
Handy tip: Do you need car insurance? You can apply for it on Justmoney, click here.