JUSTMONEY TERMS & CONDITIONS
This agreement was last updated 15 March 2021 .
This contract applies to you when you use the Justmoney website, our services, and when you interact with us.
The products and services offered by South Africa’s banks and financial services providers are complicated and often their data and information are complex and unclear. That is why Justmoney.co.za has been created to help provide consumers with clarity of information and help them make informed choices from a single source.
We provide information to assist you in making comparisons between products, but we do not give advice or recommendations on your choice of product, services or providers. The information we provide is for your guidance only.
By agreeing to our terms and conditions you also agree that we may perform a third-party credit check on your behalf.
We give you free access to your credit report and credit score
To use our service, you must register through our Justmoney CreditSav website (www.justmoneycreditsav.co.za). Your profile will give you access to your credit report and your credit score. By registering for our service, you give us permission to obtain these monthly reports for you from a registered credit bureau. We will let you know by email when a new report is available.
If you have not registered to use our services, but if a credit report is drawn with your permission and/or by completing our product forms, you give us permission to automatically create a credit score profile on your behalf where you are able to access your credit report as required once you have activated your profile, and we may send you communication to visit your profile.
Our partner companies
Many providers in South Africa do not publish actual rates for products such as mortgages, vehicle finance and short-term loans, so we are currently unable to compare those products as we do with bank accounts and credit cards.
However, wherever possible we have created partnerships with independent companies that provide access to a wider number of providers and products, or with companies that we feel offer good service and value in particular areas.
We act as a referral service to these partners.
Any advice provided by partner companies does not constitute advice from us, and any contracts and agreements entered into by users with those companies are not agreements with Justmoney.co.za.
If you have any concerns or complaints about our partners please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are independent
We are completely independent and provide an unbiased view of financial services, products and providers. We do not promote ‘sponsored’ products or individual product providers and advertising will not affect our independent stance.
'Best Buy' selections are chosen purely on an independent editorial basis and you should always ensure that those products meet your specific needs and that you understand your obligations when agreeing to a contract.
Our guides have been written on an independent editorial basis, except for those guides that have either been wholly written by one of our partner companies, or in cooperation with one of our partner companies. We will clearly indicate where a partner company created or contributed to our content. In all cases, our guides simply provide guidance and do not constitute advice.
You should ensure that you are satisfied with the suitability of a product before committing to a contract. We recommend that before agreeing to any contracts you should seek the advice of an independent financial consultant or the individual provider.
To find out more about your rights, contact the Financial Services Board www.fsb.co.za, the Office of the Ombud for Financial Services Providers www.faisombud.co.za, the Ombudsman for Banking Services www.obssa.co.za or the National Credit Regulator www.ncr.org.za, amongst other organisations.
Consumers should always use a financial advisor or planner that is approved by the Financial Services Board.
Where our responsibilities end
We have taken every care to ensure that the data we provide here is reliable by only using sources that we believe to be accurate. However, the accuracy of the information, including rates, fees and charges, that we provide cannot be guaranteed. We accept no responsibility for any loss incurred from the use or reliance on information provided here.
Although every effort has been taken to ensure the accuracy of the guides published here, we do not take responsibility for any loss incurred from the use or reliance on the data published in them and you should always seek independent advice before acting on the information included in the guides.
Although we have taken every effort to ensure that our partner companies offer high-quality services and advice, we do not take responsibility for any losses incurred from the use or reliance on information and advice provided by these companies.
Links to Other Websites
Our provision of a link to another website does not constitute any authorisation to the user to access material held at that location, nor is it evidence of an endorsement of the material held there.
We accept no responsibility or liability for the privacy of your personal information on such websites, as these are beyond our control and will accept no responsibility or liability in respect of any materials on any third party internet website which is not under its control.
We own the copyright
All text, data, templates, /images, information, tools and layouts, other than those supplied by third parties such as advertisers and partners, are the property of Justmoney.co.za.
You are permitted to copy or print extracts from this website for your own personal use however all rights, intellectual or otherwise, will remain with Justmoney.co.za and do not pass to you. Should you wish to use the content of the site for any other purpose, please contact us on email@example.com.
How we treat your personal information
We will keep your personal information confidential. Read our Privacy Notice to see how we collect and use personal information.
Competition terms and conditions
- All competitions (“Competition”) are conducted by Just Money (Pty) Ltd, a company incorporated and operating under the laws of South Africa, with registered offices at 5th Floor, 11 Adderley St, Cape Town City Centre, Cape Town, 8000, South Africa (Company Registration No: 2007/012821/07) (hereinafter referred to as (“Promoter”).
- The Competition is open to SA residents only and all active users on the CreditSav platform may be required to show valid identity documents as proof thereof.
- The Competition duration period will clearly be stipulated in email and/or SMS marketing messages.
- To enter, participants must use the entry mechanism specified on the email and/or SMS noting the terms and conditions of the Competition.
- Participation by the entrants in the Competition constitutes an agreement to abide by these Rules. Any person failing to comply with these Rules will not be entitled to participate in the Competition or will be disqualified from the Competition.
- Where there is ONE or MORE winners, winners will be drawn at random at the close of the Competition and will be contacted via SMS, CALL and/or EMAIL once the competition has closed. To announce the winners, a pop-up notification, listing the winners’ full names, may be visible on the CreditSav platform for a specific date range determined by the Promotor.
- Should the winner/s not be available within one week after the announcement of the winner/s, and after FOUR attempts to connect with the winner/s, the winner/s will forfeit the prize/s.
- The prize/s is not transferable, is non-refundable, non-exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for cash. To the maximum extent permitted in law, the Promoter excludes liability for any defects in the prize.
- The prize/s selected by the Promotor for each participant remains at the discretion of the Promoter.
- JustMoney’s decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter reserves the right to terminate or temporarily suspend a Competition in the event of technical or other difficulties that might compromise its integrity.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for difficulties experienced in submitting an entry to any Competition hosted by the Promotor.
- Unless otherwise advised, the prize/s will be distributed via SMS and/or EMAIL to the number/email used to sign up to the JustMoney CreditSav platform. If the number or email is no longer in existence or the mobile is powered off/email account deactivated, the Promotor accepts no responsibility for the winner/s not receiving the prize.
- To the maximum extent permitted in law, the Promoter and its directors, officers, managers, employees and agents, shall not incur any liability to any person for any injury, claim, loss or damage of any nature whatsoever, whether direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise, as a result of entering into, or arising from any cause whatsoever or howsoever arising from their participation in Competition or the use of any prize won thereunder (any such prizes being utilised at the own risk of any winner thereof).
- In the event of a dispute in respect of any aspect of the Competition, the Promoter’s decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering a Competition, you agree to receive further communication and direct marketing material from the Promoter.
- Participants understand and agree that in order for the Promoter to offer the Competition, the Promoter must collect and use personal information about the participants.
- This Competition shall comply with, and will be subject to, any peremptory provisions of the Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008 (“CPA”) and the regulations promulgated thereunder, which are deemed to be incorporated herein (“Peremptory Provisions”). In the event of any conflict between these Rules and the Peremptory Provisions, the latter shall prevail. Copies of the CPA and the regulations promulgated thereunder are available on the Department of Trade and Industry website: www.dti.gov.za.
- Any provision of these Rules or the Competition which is held to be invalid or unenforceable shall be ineffective to the extent of such invalidity or unenforceability without invalidating or rendering unenforceable the remaining provisions thereof.
- The laws of the Republic of South Africa govern these Rules and participants agree to be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the South African courts.